Friday, May 4, 2012

Lazy Spring Day

It is a lazy day today, a beautiful, yet lazy day. Called in sick from work to work on my drawings, and got hungry, but not really feeling like putting much effort into making a meal. So, I opened my fridge and started pulling vegetables out, you just wash them, chop them, and you make yourself a salad.


There were some apples on the counter and since the day is nice, I got the impulse of making a salad with some fruit in it. Problem is, I don't quite have any idea what to do with apples, so I dug into my fruit basket and pulled out some mandarins. I started craving a taste, so I went with them.

I made a quick badly made dressing with two mandarins, a bit of lime juice, some orange juice, and olive oil. Salt, pepper, and a bit of ground ginger. I tasted it, and yup, it hit the spot. So then I proceeded to chop my veggies:

-Romaine Lettuce

-Spinach
-Cucumber
-Cabbage
-Red Bell Pepper
-Cilantro


and a fruit: 

-The Third Mandarin that survived the squeezing. 


I stared at the radishes in the fridge, they stared back at me, I closed the door on them. I regret it, a little, but, like I said, lazy day.

I did open the fridge again to pull out some dried cranberries. But still ignored the radishes. Next time!

And then, I just put everything together and made myself a nice little meal. It was actually quite... perfect. It went well with the climate, and with my mood. And now I can go back to doing some drawings, possibly painting.

Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment